This 2-Day course goes into detail on a wide range of mental health conditions and the support and help provided by healthcare professionals. It covers the content of both the Level 1 and Level 2 qualifications but is aimed at Trainer/Assessors and/or supervisor level within the workplace.
A minimum of 12 hours spread over at least two days. Ideally, the course should be run over two consecutive days, but must be completed within 6 weeks of starting the course, with each training session a minimum of two hours.
A range of First Aid for Mental Health related subjects are covered including:
- What is First Aid for Mental Health?
- Identifying mental health conditions
- Providing advice and starting a conversation• Stress\
- Mental health conditions
- Drugs and alcohol
- First Aid for Mental Health action plan
- First Aid for Mental Health in the workplace• Depression
- Post-traumatic stress disorder• Self-harm
- Eating disorders
- Personality disorders• Bipolar disorder
A range of methods are used, including practical and questioning (open and multiple-choice).
A Level 3 Award in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health will be issued to the learner, subject to successful assessment. There is no expiry of the qualification, but annual refresher training is recommended.